Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Last day at the orphanage




We found out today coming home from the orphanage that our G&R is tomorrow at 9:00 am. We will pick the girls up at 8:30 and take them to the G&R. Emma Duong has asked for new clothes for tomorrow! I think that is what she is focusing on - new things that are hers and hers alone. I am sure that is how they have prepared her for this transition. I really don't think she has a clue about what is about to happen to her - how could she? She still has to be told to come to me and she stays clear of Dick completely. She does look at us alot. Today I used my camera to get her attention. She actually got pretty good with taking pictures and we were able to communicate about how to handle the camera and take the picture. So she went from fingers in the lens to okay pictures. She was also careful with the camera and it still works! The caregivers loved her taking pictures and were yelling for their pictures to be taken.

9 comments:

steve said...

Wonderful news! We know you are excited! The pictures with her bright cheery smile with the camera are cute! Have a great day! Steve & Susie

Patty said...

Great news!

I love the pictures! Emma was really enjoying the camera!

I think is is great that she wants a new outfit for the G&R!

Jill D said...

You should never have written that she is excited about the clothes, but that they are too small.
What size does she wear? You have GOT to let me know. I will be off to Gymboree in no time flat, and she'll have some things when she gets back to the states!!!!
In all seriousness, I am so excited for you and that darling little girl. She looks happy in her pictures and it seems that the "positive reinforcement" is bringing her around.
Best of luck.

Puppy said...

Real Smiles today!! Great news about tomorrow and it looks like progress is slow but sure! Hang in there
A

Erin said...

Look at that smile. She is absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!

Scott and Leslie said...

The toddlers in Can Tho loved our camera as well! Isn't that funny? Woohoo for a GNR date! We look forward to reading your next post!

Julie E said...

Thanks to Patty I now know that you have a blog! You and Emma will be inseparable before you know it. Here's to a great day!

Kathy Fleig said...

Kim, these pictures are so good, and her bright smile will certainly brighten many, many days to come - for you and so many others! I agree, leave it to you to think of her comfort first. I'm so anxious to hear about your first day 'away'! The picture of you and her is priceless! You will be such a good mommy to sweet, precious Emma... Enjoy this time! Thinking of you every day. (Yes - tell us Emma's sizes!)

Cindy said...

These latest pictures definitely show her personality coming out. Your approach seems to be working!! Keep up the faith. Your doing great. I am also listening closely to your experiences because you and Melanie are the Trail Blazers in An Giang. I will hopefully be following soon to pick up my little girl there as well. I look forward to your travels and experiences!! Hang in There!!