Wednesday, July 11, 2007

G&R DATE IS HERE!!!!


July 23, 2007 I will become Nguyen Thi Thuy Duong's mom!!! I have been working towards this day for a year, yet I was still in shock when I got "the call" today! The time frame is short we have to leave by the 20th of July. An Giang is in a remote area about five hours from Ho Chi Minh City. I've read other blogs where families stayed in nice hotels close to their orphanages. I have no idea where we will stay!! Tomorrow I have a phone call set up with my agency to talk through the travel arrangements. Tickets were purchased today. For future travelers, at least check out United. They have a nice adoption discount that makes the tickets reasonable - especially when you are buying a ticket 9 days from travel date. Here is a picture I received last week. I think Duong might be bringing home attitude - good for her!!!

10 comments:

Bill, Paula & Will Cook said...

So excited for you! Have a wonderful trip - the trip of a lifetime! :)

Paula

Daniel and Jamie said...

Yay! I'm so excited for y'all. Can't wait to follow your trip.

Nadra said...

Yippee!!! I'm thrilled for you. Duong may come home with an attitude, but she sure is cute. Congrats!!!

Julie said...

Great news that she is coming home. You are going to have an amazing trip.

Jessica said...

i am so excited for you. I can not wait to follow your journey here on your blog!

Dianna said...

What a great picture! I love the attitude - it shows she's spunky :)

Leigh said...

How exciting!

I am thinking (with the bike and her stance in this picture) that she looks like a little athlete!

Looking forward to following your journey...NEXT WEEK!!! WOW!

DawnHa said...

I'm so happy for you! I cannot wait to read about your journey to Vietnam and back!! Dawn

Erin said...

Haha Sassy!!

Rachel said...

Whoa, look at those hands on those hips! She's a confident girl! :)

I can't wait to follow your journey!! So excited and happy for you.