Monday, July 23, 2007

Internet Cafe


Got up this morning and headed to a nearby internet cafe so that I could download some pictures...enjoy. I wish I had brought my running shoes, a good run would help my spirits right now! Right across from this cafe is a little open restaraunt (they are everywhere this one just happens to be across from me while I am writing this) Hu Tieu Nam Vang. A little girl about 9 is helping her mom serve food and collect money. I've watched her dodge at least 3 motor bikes. There are 3 resident dogs who are living the life Grete would like to live - begging food from every table (usually successfully). No they are not clean, but Grete in a heartbeat would give up clean for this life!! Patty and Jill - want me to bring one back to you? I have so far counted 3 cats in Vietnam, one of which was on a leash. Why is this? Not dwelling on it. Sandy, looks like I won't be bringing Gypsy a friend. Just spotted dog number 4 riding with a mother and daughter on a motor bike... Today I am going to try bribery at the orphanage. Stopping to get candy and am taking my laptop - they love to look at their pictures on our cameras, so maybe if I have a bunch of pictures to show I might get her attention for a bit...

5 comments:

Patty said...

I posted a comment under the Having Fun pictures but it is showing 0 comments. You can click on it and it will show up. Someone else posted one also.

Is that the scrapbook you made that she is looking at?

Heather said...

Your daughter is beautiful! I hope that she will bond to you quickly once the G & R is over. Hang in there!

Heather H (from Dillon board)

Scott and Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing pictures - they are great! AHHH! The memories of only 1 month ago - time goes so quickly! Enjoy!

Jill D said...

Kim - She is so darling!
I think we are maxed out on dogs - but I could probably do another little kiddo. . . wonder what the husband would think (and Margot).

sandyb said...

Hey! You guys are making strides together - keep it up! Gypsy was looking forward to getting a new friend, but if she had to wear a collar she'd be mad!

All's well here - take care!