Wednesday, August 1, 2007

I love Hanoi..........

We are in Hanoi and I am loving it. Different character than Ho Chi Minh City. The hotel is great!!! On the 4th floor there is a awesome swimming pool and kiddie pool; outdoor playground; indoor playground and a restaurant that is really good. Within 10 minutes of the hotel is shopping (which Emma Duong loves to do) and a park. Only saw the park at night but our waitress said people take there kids there every day. I've got two days to burn and surely I can keep Miss Emma Duong on the go and happy here.

Plan ride was fine. Just like everyone warned, the seat belt was the struggle. Tears putting it on and then after we were airborne I didn't fight the battle. I am a bit worried about the plane trip home but my plan is to find someone who speaks vietnamese to help me on the trip to Hong Kong and then on the trip to San Fran. I am a pro at asking for help now and I know each part of the trip will go better if she can communicate.

My picture taking is slowing down but hopefully I can get some pictures tomorrow at the pool.

2 more days and then we're coming home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Patty said...

I'm so glad you like Hanoi and that the plane trip went well!

Can't wait to see you two!

Miss Beckee said...

(Yesterday, I was going to write:)
I suppose there is something to be said about "comfortable and familiar". Baby steps, Kimmy. I agree with Patty; you are doing an amazing job. I guess you know you're in a foreign land when you can befriend your taxi driver...Sounds like the language barrier is not too different from an infant trying to communicate with mom. Breathe... and remember why you want this little person in your life... (applause)

Scott and Leslie said...

The Somerset is fantastic, isn't it? You might consider trying some children's benadryl on the long flight home!

Dick and Eve said...

This is some experience for you two. You and Emma are starting off as seasoned world travelers.

I think you'll be fine on the trip home. She will get tired and sleep at some point and so should you, immediately upon her going to sleep.

I'm wondering why you saved the 5 star hotel for after I had to leave????

Chuck and Jean Anne said...

I've been reading your journey and I'm so impressed with your patience. You're doing fantastic and Emma is a doll.

Safe travels home.

Hope to meet y'all someday.

Rachel said...

Glad you arrived safe and sound in Hanoi. The shopping was my favorite part about Hanoi! :)

Adam, Natasha, Avi Joy, Nehemiah and Karrington said...

Congratulations!!!!
I have enjoyed reading your posts each day.
Emma will do great on the plane, I know the Lord will provide all the help you need along the way!
Many blessings,
Natasha and Avi Joy
(Ninh Thuan, home in Sept)
www.perrymanadoption.com

Puppy said...

The cab driver sounds like an angel! What a blessing that you found someone so kind when you really needed it!

I am glad you are getting closer to the finish line! Scott and Leslie make a good suggestion Benadryl for the plane for Emma and perhaps a glass of wine for her mommy! I am proud of both of you!
A