Thursday, August 2, 2007

Emma Duong loves the water...........




Emma Duong is more comfortable every day in the pool. Stays in the kiddie pool and stays close to the edge but she jumps in forward and backwards and has a blast. This will be high on the list of things to do when we get home. She's had a good day. Three times at the pool. Shopping, the lake and time with the other family. Crying is still there but we are getting there and will be home soon to deal with our issues. I have no qualms about asking for help anymore. The engineer was in here tonight while she was crying and I had him talk to her.. It worked, she hasn't cried since he left!


She repeats everything I say to her. I think the language switch will be fairly easy when we get home and she has no one to converse with in Vietnamese. I don't think I have taped her voice here in Vietnam but I will try to do that quickly when I get home before she starts throwing in english with her vietnamese.


All of our paperwork is done and our agency is bringing us the sealed papers that the US Immigration will keep when we arrive in San Francisco tomorrow at 4pm. After that we are free to go home. Will catch a 7pm flight back to Ho Chi Minh City, check into the Rex and back to the airport for a 6am flight home!!!!


This hotel is great! Lots of international people here, on business, adopting, vacationing. Restaurant is the closest to home I have had since I've been here. Pool is fabulous. One note to people traveling - the washer/dryer is an all in one unit and Melanie and I both could not get our clothes dry. I did get one load of clothes washed while I was here and dried them on a clothes rack.

9 comments:

Jessica said...

Glad to hear things are going so well. We have been rpaying for you and will continue to do so!

Jessica said...

uh I mean praying...

Patty said...

I am so glad Emma likes the water!

It is nice and hot here and will be perfect for swimming when you get back!

It sounds like things are going so much better!!

Patty said...

PS. I love the new picture of you and Emma! It is really nice and you can tell her smile is genuine!!

Scott and Leslie said...

We had trouble with the washer/dryer when we were at the Somerset also. The hotel is fabulous, isn't it? Glad to hear that you are wrapping your stay in VN up and are soon bound for the good ole' USA!!!!

Dick and Eve said...

Your 3 neices, sis in law and brother will be waiting at SFO for you two.
The girls are so excited to see Emma Duong.
We're all really glad Hanoi has gone so well.
Final night in Vietnam! Yeah!

Stephanie said...

Our feelings are very hurt that you did not let us know about this blog. I only found out today from Sharon...and you are on your way back. But I had been wondering how everything is going and I have enjoyed reading through all the entries today. Matt, Evan and I can't wait to meet Miss Emma Duong. Be safe and we will see you two soon!

PS: I agree with Patty and love this picture of you and Emma! She is a beauty!

Miss Beckee said...

You and your daughter have been in my prayers during this exhausting time of travel. I only wish I lived closer to you guys so I could have welcomed you home in style... Probably the only style you need for quite a few hours is pajama style lounging... You are an inspiration to me. What a blessing it is to know you. Can't wait for more pictures of the new family. REST!

wdhatch said...

Kim,

congraduation's being a mom. I spoke with Dick last night and he told me the story. What a great brother should I say uncle. I am sure your mom is over joyed being a grandmother so close to home too. Best, Bill